Registration Season Timeline (COVID19 School Years)
Registration for the upcoming 2022 - 2023 school year takes place between Late-November and throughout December for both Grade 7 and Grade 8. Registration for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year will take place online via a virtual registration Google Form for ONLY Incoming 7th Graders as well as the handful of 7th grade distance learners currently attending Hilo Intermediate. An informational flyer with link to the Google Form will be sent to our six feeder elementary schools. More information forthcoming.
For Incoming 8th Grade, registration will be paper-based & facilitated through current 7th grade homerooms for those students in attendance. For the handful of current distance learning 7th graders, their incoming 8th grade registration will take place online via Google Form.
Incoming 8th Registration (Through Current 7th Homerooms): Nov. 29 - Dec. 3, 2021
For current Distance Learning 7th ONLY: (ONLINE via this Google Form): Nov. 29 - Dec. 3, 2021
**Honors 8 Application Forms are available at the Registrar’s Office or downloadable here. Students currently in Honors 7 courses must apply for Honors 8 and are NOT grandfathered into the program for Gr 8. Please visit the Honors Program page for more info.
Incoming 7th Registration (ONLINE via this Google Form): Dec. 6 - Dec. 10, 2021
Geographic Exception Form (GE FORM): Required if incoming student resides outside of Hilo Intermediate's School district
Deadline: by March 31, 2022
General Registration Season Timeline
This is a general timeline and sequence of events for registration season.
Frequently Asked Questions - 7th Online Registration
- Is Hilo Inter having a REGISTRATION NIGHT like in the past? NO…Incoming 7th registration takes place ONLINE via a Google Form from DEC 6 – 10, 2021. ONLINE REGISTRATION LINK: https://bit.ly/2223HIS_Incoming7th_Registration
- How do I apply for HONORS courses? Through the ONLINE FORM.
- I applied for HONORS through the online registration form. Do I still need to submit a paper application? NO…Hilo Inter will compile your interest in Honors courses from the ONLINE form and follow-up with your current school.
- How do I apply for AVID7? Through the ONLINE FORM.
- I applied for AVID7 through the online registration form. Do I still need to submit a paper application? NO…your interest in AVID7 will be compiled from the ONLINE form and Hilo Inter’s AVID Coordinator will follow-up with you directly for next steps.
- What happens if I don’t complete online registration by the deadline? Hilo Inter will choose available courses for you & you will not have an option to schedule change.
- Students Residing outside Hilo Inter School District will need to submit a Geographic Exception (GE) Form:
- Obtain form from your current school’s main office
- or Download form from https://bit.ly/HIDOE_GE_Form
- Complete Section 1 of GE Form & submit GE Form to current school’s main office.